Azure Dreams PS1 Encyclopedia - Stats
by pro_grammarBack to main guide page
Any given unit in Azure Dreams has a number of stats, numerical values that can be seen in the tower menu (with some exceptions).
There are seven core stats in Azure Dreams, as defined below. They are defined for all units, even if that unit doesn't use that stat.
- HP: How much damage a unit can take before fainting.
- MP: How much a unit can act before becoming unresponsive. It is consumed by monsters every turn when collared. The amount consumed depends on the action taken by the monster.
- ATK: Used to calculate how much damage a unit deals when attacking. Increased by Hazak seed.
- DEF: Used to calculate how much damage a unit receives when attacked. Increased by Shomuro seed.
- Agility: Despite the game dutifully tracking this number, it seems to go entirely unused. Increased by Mahell seed.
- Luck: Used to calculate the likelihood of attacks hitting, critical hits, traps failing, etc. Increased by Tovar seed.
- EXP given: The amount of experience gained by a unit when this unit is defeated. This experience is doubled if the unit receiving the EXP is at a lower level than the defeated unit. When a unit is defeated by Koh or one of his familiars, the experience is split between them.
These core stats have several different forms.
- Base stat: The stat at level 1. This stat is also used to calculate stats at subsequent levels. Base stats are increased by their respective seeds when the current stat equals the max stat.
- Growth stat: Used in combination with the base stat to calculate stats after level 1. This is intrinsic to a unit's type and cannot be changed.
- Max stat: The unit's stat based on the unit's base stat, stat growth, current level, and talents.
- Current stat: The stat value used in calculations, which may be lower (or in rare cases higher) than the max stat. For example, Vipers have a chance of lowering a target's current ATK when attacking.