Azure Dreams PS1 (De-)Randomizer
This (de-)randomizer targets the original NTSC-U release of Azure Dreams (SLUS-00614). You will need an image of your game disc in BIN/CUE format.
To use this site, first put your BIN file into the top box. Next, choose whatever options you want to use. If you cannot change any options, either a preset is selected (uncheck "Preset" to change options) or the link you clicked contained a seed (in which case you should use the same settings as the other person). Now click Randomize and a new BIN file will be created.
If the seed name is appended to your randomized image filename after downloading, you will need create a new CUE file using the Create CUE button (or modify your CUE file track listing to reference the new filename).
Do not overwrite your original BIN file; keep it somewhere safe or you may need to obtain it again from your original disc.
The (de-)randomizer sets the each floor layout based off of the floor number, number of climbs up the tower, and a random seed. As such, each trip up the tower should be unique but consistent with anyone else using the same seed.
Various randomization and other options are also available, but only tutorial and intro skips are enabled under the "Safe" preset.
This (de-)randomizer is a fan project and is not affiliated with Konami/KCET, the developer and publisher of Azure Dreams. Please support the official release.
- SotN Randomizer, from which this project is derived. (under the terms of the WTFPL - thanks Wild Mouse).
- Azure Dreams Speedruns, an AD discord server. All are welcome, from casual fans to speedrunners.
- Sustainna, for creating the site's favicon.
- Mozilla Public License 2.0, the license under which this software is released.
- When randomizing starting items or eggs, the eggs of evolved monsters or Kewne will appear in-game as just " egg" [sic].
- In seeded tower mode, monster spawns after the event on floor 31 are not consistent.
- In seeded tower mode, monster spawns vary based on the number of familiars.
Please report any other issues, especially inconsistent spawns of a given floor on the same trip up the tower (when seeded tower is enabled) using GitHub issues or the #randomizer channel in the Azure Dreams Speedruns discord.
- v2.3.1 Tweaked layout. Added tooltip for traps.
- v2.3.0 The option "Fix some types of crashes" fixes more crashes present in the original game. This now includes crashes caused by trying to spawn monsters with level > 99. This should fix floor 99 of the second tower and egg-bombing when Koh is level 50+.
- Added tooltips to options which are not self-evident.
- Default states of options now match the vanilla game, which should fix issues with sharing certain seeds.
- Minor changes: moved full changelog to a separate page, removed tournament explainer, "Safe" present now has fix crashes option turned on.
- v2.2.0 Added an option to fix some crashes that are present in the original game. Right now this only includes the crash that occurs when gaining too much experience at once (specifically, between 32,767 and 39,480 EXP; higher amounts would only cause graphical glitches). This is particularly useful for the second tower and survival modes, where this bug would be encountered more often. The game will still overflow the amount of experience earned at once above 65,535 EXP; the text box will still show the pre-overflow value, but the pop-up will now now show the actual amount earned.
- v2.1.1 Tweaked items in survival mode: removed blue collar and Harash and Horrey herbs in favor of Flat scroll, Trained wand, and Leather shield. If you still want the blue collar, enable the separate option to start with it.
- v2.1.0 Added option to start with the blue collar. Added new preset for speedrunning second tower.
- v2.0.2 Added an option to remove limit on the number of items that can brought into tower. Enabled seed to be copied before generating file to allow bots to generate seeds. These URLs lack checksums so they are not recommended for tournament races. Clarified some option names.
- v2.0.1 Fixed a bug that prevented loading seed URLs that were created from presets. The preset still doesn't show up in the angel's opening text for the time being, but at least URLs containing presets can be shared.
- v2.0.0 Fixed a bug in the core de-randomizing assembly code that would occasionally cause floors to repeat. This should substantially improve the RNG seeding in terms of entropy, especially as nearing floors that are multiples of 32. Since the same seed number will now generate a different tower, the major version number has been bumped to reflect this lack of compatibility.
- Also added a feature to automatically test system-generated seeds for potential repeated floors and choose a new seed if repeats are found. User-provided are not checked, so I recommend allowing the system to fill in the seed field even though these sorts of repeats are statistically much less likely.