Azure Dreams PS1 (De-)Randomizer
This (de-)randomizer targets the original NTSC-U release of Azure Dreams (SLUS-00614). You will need an image of your game disc in BIN/CUE format.
To use this site, first put your BIN file into the top box. Next, choose whatever options you want to use. If you cannot change any options, either a preset is selected (uncheck "Preset" to change options) or the link you clicked contained a seed (in which case you should use the same settings as the other person). Now click Randomize and a new BIN file will be created.
If the seed name is appended to your randomized image filename after downloading, you will need create a new CUE file using the Create CUE button (or modify your CUE file track listing to reference the new filename).
Do not overwrite your original BIN file; keep it somewhere safe or you may need to obtain it again from your original disc.
The (de-)randomizer sets the each floor layout based off of the floor number, number of climbs up the tower, and a random seed. As such, each trip up the tower should be unique but consistent with anyone else using the same seed.
Various randomization and other options are also available, but only tutorial and intro skips are enabled under the "Safe" preset.
This (de-)randomizer is a fan project and is not affiliated with Konami/KCET, the developer and publisher of Azure Dreams. Please support the official release.
- SotN Randomizer, from which this project is derived. (under the terms of the WTFPL - thanks Wild Mouse).
- Azure Dreams Speedruns, an AD discord server. All are welcome, from casual fans to speedrunners.
- Sustainna, for creating the site's favicon.
- Mozilla Public License 2.0, the license under which this software is released.
- When randomizing starting items, eggs of evolved monsters or Kewne will show up in-game as just " egg" [sic].
- Defeating enemies on the highest floors in Normal/Hard endurance mode can give you too much EXP and cause the game to crash.
- v1.16.1 Fixed bug where portable elevators would cause all balls and some scrolls to function like portable elevators.
- v1.16.0 Enemy levels in enemizer are now rounded down to better match the original game and improve balance. Dragons, Maximums, Golems, and Killers will no longer appear below floor 4 in enemizer to improve balance. Added option to spawn portable elevators. These must be triggered by standing on one and selecting "At feet" from the menu, selecting the "Give" option, or throwing one at a monster; selecting "Use" will have no effect due to certain limitations.
- v1.15.0 Added an option to randomize floor theme (appearance), including five previously unused themes. Added an option to allow in-tower saves to be loaded more than once. Removed wind crystals from survival mode. Also fixed a bug where enemy monsters elements were always randomized, even with element randomization off.
- v1.14.2 Fixed a crash that occurred in survival mode when entering the tower for the first time with Kewne as your familiar.
- v1.14.1 Tweaked resources in survival mode to replace some stat-restoring herbs with sands.
- v1.14.0 Added survival mode, where the tutorial floor has been replaced with a floor containing a set of many useful items. However, items will not spawn in the tower as usual– only coins will appear. Naturally, settings like "spawn Barong-only items" and "randomize starting items" will have no effect. This new floor does have an elevator, but it is only visible on the minimap.
- v1.13.0 Monsters can now have their elements randomized within a floor, though enemy monster spells may not match their element. Fixed the elevator spawn rate on the safe preset to be correct default.
- v1.12.0 Added an option to replace Go Up traps with Go Down traps that send Koh down a floor instead.
- v1.11.2 Fixed a bug where upper bound of enemy spawn rate was never set.
- v1.11.1 Fixed a bug with elevator spawn rate in seeds.
- v1.11.0 Added options for changing elevator and monster spawn rates. Added options to replace tutorial Pulunpa with a Barong and to allow Barong-only items to spawn normally. Note that this does not change very rare spawns like Geropita Fruit.
- v1.10.0 Refactored how fields are managed. Added support for changing trap spawn rates. Be aware individial trap spawn rates are relative and matter less when the overall spawn rate is increased.
- v1.9.0 Added an option for a true boss fight where several things have been changed compared to the original game. Further changes may be made after testers give their opinions.
- v1.8.2 Fixed a bug where using endurance mode with time difficulty off would result in very low level monsters; thanks to Vega Sera for reporting this.
- v1.8.1 Fixed a bug where using a seed URL with the new balls option would always enable item randomization.
- v1.8.0 Added time difficulty mode, where monster difficulties increase over time (tracked since game first loads). Options that require another option will now be hidden if the prerequisite isn't met. Fixed a bug where "Randomize Barong floors" could be unchecked when using a seed URL. Fixed a bug in the generated URL shown in the angel's text.
- v1.7.4 Added custom domain "adrando.com". Added Sustainna's lovely favicon, which is used with permission (also licensed under MPL 2.0). Embedded full URL seed into angel's text.
- v1.7.3 Fixed bug in original game that meant when randomizing monster elements, Manoevas wouldn't copy palettes of target monsters. Kewne's and Hikewne's elements will no longer be randomized in when selecting enemizer + monster element randomization since they do not change palette when changing element.
- v1.7.2 Removed pause after death to resolve softlocks.
- v1.7.1 Fixed bug that causes 'Copy Seed' to crash tab.
- v1.7.0 Added options to randomize eggs and enemy elements, make tutorial faster, and disable de-randomization.
Introduced a pause after Koh dies that players have to press a button to clear, so commentators have an easier way to see what floor a player died on.Removed in v1.7.2
- v1.6.3 Made endurance mode have three difficulties as defined by the enemy scaling, where "Normal" was the previous version of endurance mode. Added option to add new spell balls, which will now only appear as possible starting items in itemizer if this is checked.
- v1.6.2 Fixed URLs generated when pressing "Copy seed", so link sharing should now work. Seed is now embedded into angel's opening text. Adjusted help text based on most commonly received questions
- v1.6.1-beta Added option to randomize spell ball elements. Balls with non-native elements use the name and description of the corresponding spell.
- v1.6.0-beta Added endurance mode, where tower now has 99 floors. This is somewhat experimental, as very high level enemies can give you too much EXP and cause a crash. Also, while the end now occurs on floor 99, the graphic for that floor still says Floor 40. Seeding had to be slightly adjusted to allow for more than 40 floors to prevent repeated floors.
- v1.5.5 Fixed bug with intro skip where entering your house would cause the game to freeze. Improved intro skip to bypass another loading screen and movie.
- v1.5.4 Fixed 'constants is not defined' error.
- v1.5.3 Removed Ultimate egg from the itemizer egg pool, due to it instantly disappearing from one's inventory upon getting it. Thanks to Baldwin for reporting this.
- v1.5.2-beta Itemizer can give one more new possible starting ball. Marked as beta because this is implemented a little bit more experimentally, but will allow for more possibilities in the future.
- v1.5.1 Itemizer now actually gives random starting items. Added two otherwise unused balls to the pool of potential starting balls. Thanks to Sand_Knight_ for reporting this.
- v1.5.0 Tweaked UI. Added option to randomize starting items within item category (suggested by DonForgo and Sand_Knight_). All items will be identified except for the egg (for techincal reasons). The egg may not have an associated color, in which case it is the evolved form of a monster. All weapons and shields have no modifiers, are uncursed, and all balls will have 5 charges (1 for Acid Rain). Medicinal herb will always be unchanged.
- v1.4.6 Fixed bug with atypical element choice.
- v1.4.5 Added options to choose starter's element and to awaken dormant spells on just the starting monster type.
- v1.4.4 Fixed minor bug where randomizing starter element on Hikewne would also randomize the element on Dark Shoot, which caused problems with direct magic.
- Fixed link to discord.
- v1.4.3 Fixed bug when randomizing starter element where initial spell's element would not match starter's new element (if different).
- v1.4.2 Added options to allow hidden spells to be available by default and random starter element (suggested by Sand_Knight_ and Baldwin).
- v1.4.1 Added option to allow spells to level up even when the monster does not share the spell's native element (suggested by Baldwin).
- v1.4.0 Added option to choose or randomize starting monster. Kewne will still pretend to be your familiar in cutscenes.
- v1.3.0 Added option to automatically skip most of the otherwise unskippable introductory cutscenes. There is still a lot of loading, but it's a much improved experience for races and practice.
- v1.2.2 Changed enemizer so Nyuels and Battnels no longer spawn below floor 6.
- v1.2.1 Fixed bug in enemizer that prevented most enemies from spawning above level 1.
- v1.2.0 Added monster shuffle option (a.k.a. enemizer).
- v1.1.0-beta Added support for tutorial skip (not captured in URL).
- Fixed link for reporting issues.
- v1.0.4 Added support for all single-room floors (not captured in URL).
- v1.0.3 Fixed more sources of RNG, added cue file generation, fixed front-end bugs.
- v.1.0.0 First public release.