Azure Dreams PS1 (De-)Randomizer
To use this site, first put your BIN file into the top box. Next, choose whatever options you want to use. If you cannot change any options, either a preset is selected (uncheck "Preset" to change options) or the link you clicked contained a seed (in which case you should use the same settings as the other person). Now click Randomize and a new BIN file will be created.
If the seed name is appended to your randomized image filename after downloading, you will need create a new CUE file using the Create CUE button (or modify your CUE file track listing to reference the new filename).
Do not overwrite your original BIN file; keep it somewhere safe or you may need to obtain it again from your original disc.
The (de-)randomizer sets the each floor layout based off of the floor number, number of climbs up the tower, and a random seed. As such, each trip up the tower should be unique but consistent with anyone else using the same seed.
Various randomization and other options are also available, but only tutorial and intro skips are enabled under the "Safe" preset.
This (de-)randomizer is a fan project and is not affiliated with Konami/KCET, the developer and publisher of Azure Dreams. Please support the official release.
- Azure Dreams GBC (De-)randomizer, a tool for the GBC version.
- SotN Randomizer, from which this project is derived. (under the terms of the WTFPL - thanks Wild Mouse).
- Azure Dreams Speedruns, an AD discord server. All are welcome, from casual fans to speedrunners.
- Sustainna, for creating the site's icon, favicon, and 404 page image.
- Mozilla Public License 2.0, the license under which this software is released.
- When randomizing starting items or eggs, the eggs of evolved monsters or Kewne will appear in-game as just " egg" [sic].
- In seeded tower mode, monster spawns after the event on floor 31 are not consistent.
- In seeded tower mode, monster spawns vary based on the number of collared familiars.
Please report any other issues, especially inconsistent spawns of a given floor on the same trip up the tower (when seeded tower is enabled) using GitHub issues or the #randomizer channel in the Azure Dreams Speedruns discord. Please be clear whether you are referring to the PS1 or GBC version of the game.
- v2.6.0-preview5 CustomFloors: Made 'unk' value (seemingly relative height) show on doors.
- v2.6.0-preview4 CustomFloors: Made doors take precedence over room tiles, since they seem to actually be more like waypoints for monster AI and can appear in the interior of rooms.
- v2.6.0-preview3 Added the site's icon, and added a fun 404 page (thanks to Sustainna for the image).
- v2.6.0-preview2 Added a few more view modes to the custom floor editor, hotkeys A/S for changing between Select and Apply modes, support for turning random spawns on and off, and changed color scheme. Some behind the scenes fixes and improvements.
- v2.6.0-preview1 Added a custom floor editor, which is a work in progress. You can only edit tiles right now (not items, traps, elevators, or rooms), and the repacking utility needs to be re-written into JS and added to the site. It is being released as a preview to gather feedback and gauge interest.
- v2.5.1 Directly modified floor layouts for fast tutorial floor and 2nd floor (when second tower enabled). As a result, you'll now actually see the elevator on the first step when fast tutorial floor is enabled. When the second tower is enabled, the elevator to the second tower will always be visible on the Ghosh/Selfi floor (before it would only appear if Ghosh appeared).
- v2.5.0 Added option to make trap selection closely match trap options selected. I strongly recommend using this whenever customizing frequency because it makes things work as most people would expect. Selecting a trap spawn rate of max will now spawn more traps. Fixed another bug around default starter and traps that prevented saved preferences from being applied.
- v2.4.3 Fixed a bug that prevented Kewne from being the default starter and the default trap settings from being applied.
- v2.4.2 Default options are now omitted from generated URLs.
- v2.4.1 Portable elevators can now be directly triggered by selecting "Use" from the Items menu.
- v2.4.0 Added GBC de-randomizer.
- v2.3.1 Tweaked layout. Added tooltip for traps.
- v2.3.0 The option "Fix some types of crashes" fixes more crashes present in the original game. This now includes crashes caused by trying to spawn monsters with level > 99. This should fix floor 99 of the second tower and egg-bombing when Koh is level 50+.
- Added tooltips to options which are not self-evident.
- Default states of options now match the vanilla game, which should fix issues with sharing certain seeds.
- Minor changes: moved full changelog to a separate page, removed tournament explainer, "Safe" present now has fix crashes option turned on.
- v2.2.0 Added an option to fix some crashes that are present in the original game. Right now this only includes the crash that occurs when gaining too much experience at once (specifically, between 32,767 and 39,480 EXP; higher amounts would only cause graphical glitches). This is particularly useful for the second tower and survival modes, where this bug would be encountered more often. The game will still overflow the amount of experience earned at once above 65,535 EXP; the text box will still show the pre-overflow value, but the pop-up will now now show the actual amount earned.